Monday, June 20, 2011

Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

In true Megan fashion, I made Mike some of his favorites for his birthday a few weeks ago.  One of the recipes that I made was a frozen peanut butter pie.  It is so easy to make, and my SIL taught me how to make this a few years ago.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 container chilled whipping cream (Cool Whip)
  • 1 purchased  chocolate, Oreo, or graham cracker  pie crust
Blend powdered sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla in stand mixer until smooth, occasionally scraping down sides of work bowl.  Fold whipping cream into peanut butter mixture in 2 additions. Spoon peanut butter filling into crust and smooth top. Freeze pie until filling is firm, at least 3-4 hours.  Add chocolate syrup or chocolate chips for the chocolate lovers, or just add it when you serve! (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Cover and keep frozen. Let stand room temperature 20 minutes before serving to ease with slicing.)

I make this with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, and it takes me 15 minutes tops.  The hardest part is waiting for it to solidify so you can eat it.  :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!