Monday, August 25, 2014

Quick Trip to Chicago

I had my last trip before the wedding a few weeks ago.  Yes.  I am crazy.  Planning a wedding from Florida/the ocean.  But..it has to be done. :)

I got to Chicago on Friday night, and Mike and I had our standard date night.  Our fav sushi place.  We caught up, and just relaxed. 

The next morning, his mom took me to get my dress altered.  Yep.  The lady there freaked when she found out my next/last fitting is going to be just days before the wedding.  Woosah.

Mike and I then went to a family party, as a cousin of mine is headed off to start college this week.  He met that side (mom's side) of the family for the first time. 

The next day was the wedding shower...stay tuned for a Wedding Wednesday post about the details!

And finally..the day I left.  We met with a general contractor for the home remodel we are planning.  I can't wait to get it done:) 

Short, quick, and sweet update.  Stay tuned for more:)

Such a great family party!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of the two of you! Good luck with everything! With our move, I know how hard making yourself a destination wedding is. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I can't wait for the next 2 months to fly by. And on that note..off to address invites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!