I got to sleep in this morning, which was amazing. I stayed up late last night to bake some of my famous Pumpkin Spice Bread for the Wardroom. I hope everyone enjoys it!
I am about to eat brunch, then go on watch..have a late dinner.
This week, I reflected a lot about what I am thankful for..here goes:
- My Family. I have the best brothers and sister a girl could ask for.
- My Faith. My faith keeps me strong, even on the worst days out at sea.
- My friends. No matter where they are in the world, they know how to make my worst days better.
- My dog, Bella, and all the love she has to give to me, and everyone she meets.
- My hometown, Chicago. The rich history, the amazing food, and the sports teams..even the Cubs.
- My job, even when it takes me 6,000 miles or more away from those I love.
- The ocean. So vast, and so beautiful.
- My shipmates. They challenge me and make me a better person.
- Fresh Fruit. I miss fresh fruit, food, and milk.
- My own bed. Comfy sheets, pillows, and a Bella make for better sleep.
- Coffee dates with friends. A cup of joe with friends makes all the worries in the world go away.
- Mail and care packages. Makes 9 months fly by!
- Email/phone calls/Skype. Allows me to call my family and boyfriend, curbing homesickness
- My guy. My best friend. I couldn’t be doing this 9 month deployment with out him supporting me every step of the way.