Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving at Sea..

Happy Thanksgiving from the..ocean :)

I got to sleep in this morning, which was amazing.  I stayed up late last night to bake some of my famous Pumpkin Spice Bread for the Wardroom.  I hope everyone enjoys it!
I am about to eat brunch, then go on watch..have a late dinner. 

This week, I reflected a lot about what I am thankful for..here goes:


  • My Family.  I have the best brothers and sister a girl could ask for.
  • My Faith.  My faith keeps me strong, even on the worst days out at sea.
  • My friends.  No matter where they are in the world, they know how to make my worst days better.
  • My dog, Bella, and all the love she has to give to me, and everyone she meets.
  • My hometown, Chicago.  The rich history, the amazing food, and the sports teams..even the Cubs. 
  • My job, even when it takes me 6,000 miles or more away from those I love.
  • The ocean.  So vast, and so beautiful.
  • My shipmates.  They challenge me and make me a better person.
  • Fresh Fruit.  I miss fresh fruit, food, and milk. 
  • My own bed.  Comfy sheets, pillows, and a Bella make for better sleep.
  • Coffee dates with friends.  A cup of joe with friends makes all the worries in the world go away.
  • Mail and care packages.  Makes 9 months fly by!
  • Email/phone calls/Skype.  Allows me to call my family and boyfriend, curbing homesickness
  • My guy.  My best friend.  I couldn’t be doing this 9 month deployment with out him supporting me every step of the way. 

1 comment:

  1. happy thanksgiving!! and thanks once again for serving our country;God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!