Friday, November 2, 2012

Whooah, we're half way there...

..Livin' on a prayer!

That is right folks, we have already completed half of our deployment.

9 months is a long time to be at sea.  You don't get days off out here.  You work 18 hours a day most days. If you get sick, there are no sick days (unless you are realllly sick).  You eat the same food every 21 days.  You get mail maybe every 2 weeks.  You pull into port for 1 day off approx every 30-60 days.  Email can be intermittent...and the list goes on.

Things I miss the most right now in no particular order:
Fresh fruits and veggies
Real Milk (we drink UHT)
Bath tub
Hugs from my guy
Kisses from my pup
My own bed
Cooking
Snow!
NCIS (only tv I watch)

I have definitely learned to appreciate life much more while out here these past 5 months.  I will blog more about that later..

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  Hoping this last half of deployment flies by as fast as the first half!

1 comment:

  1. 6 months already?! wow,keeping you and your shipmates in my thoughts/prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!