Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

I hope all my friends out there in blogland are having a wonderful Mother's Day!  I drove into work today, with a beautiful sunrise, and some coffee in hand. 

I spent last night with a momma whose husband is a good friend of mine, and is deployed.  I was glad to have girl talk/adult talk after the kiddos went to bed! We had pizza, and I had the kids give their momma her gift for the big day.  It was great seeing her face light up, after all the stress she has been under lately.  It really is the little things in life that make people happy. 

Mother's Day is always a tough day if your mother has passed on (as mine has), or if you have been trying to have kids, or have lost a child..the list goes on.  I found this great article today that recognizes all women on this day.  I am not a mom in the literal sense, but my Sailors refer to me as "Momma WEPS", because I am the Weapons Officer-and I take care of them best I can.  I am glad to be on duty today, spending the day with the men and women who sacrifice so much for their country every day. 

Off to work..Happy Mother's Day to all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!