Sunday, September 19, 2010

More Food...

The other day I made some Santa Fe Breakfast Wraps for breakfast..and Chicken Marsala for dinner.  It was amazing!

Santa Fe Wrap was really easy,and I made enough of the chopped up veggies to last for 3 recipes.  I could never get sick of this for breakfast!

Ingredients:
1 tsp oil
1/2 cup of chopped red bell peppers
1/2 cup of chopped scallions
garlic ( i usually use prepared garlic)
1/4 tsp of chili powder
1 large egg (to scramble)
1 low carb, whole wheat tortilla
I heated up some oil and sauteed some chopped bell peppers, scallions and garlic to the pan.  I added chili powder and some salt and pepper to the pan.  I scrambled one egg in another pan and put both the egg and veggies on a low-carb whole wheat tortilla.  I added some cheddar to change it up a bit.  It was great with the strawberries and some OJ!

Chicken Marsala is one of my favorite recipes to make.
1 Chicken Breast
Flour, Salt, Pepper to coat
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/4 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Marsala Wine
1 tsp corn starch
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup of mushrooms
1/3 cup of scallions
Butter to sautee mushrooms and scallions
Farafalle or Egg Noodle pasta

  I first flattened a chicken breast with a meat mallet, and then cut up the breast.  I coated the chicken with flour, salt and pepper.  I then heated up a skillet with olive oil and cooked the chicken in the skillet.  I then added some chicken broth, Marsala wine, cornstarch, thyme, lemon juice, salt, and garlic powder to a bowl.  I sauteed some mushrooms and scallions in butter,and added the contents of the bowl to the sauteed veggies.  After the sauce is thick, put it over the noodles and chicken.  Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!