Sunday, December 1, 2013

Holiday Cheer

I was fortunate enough to have the weekend off from a busy time at work.  I got home Wednesday, and just relaxed at home with my pup.

Thursday, I spent my Thanksgiving with Bella, as most of my friends are out at sea.  Not what I had in mind, but due to my work, I just couldn't get back to Chicago.  Just makes me realize how grateful I am for my family, friends, etc. 

Friday, I got my nails done, and some shopping accomplished.  I am not a "black Friday" shopper by any means.  We don't give gifts in my family, unless they are for the kiddos.  I have finished shopping for the littles, and I am very happy.  I love my nieces and nephews more than anything.  Spoiling them twice a year is my favorite thing to do! 

Saturday, I got Bella  a spa day, and my friends came over for dinner/sleep over.  My dear friend just got back from deployment, so I figured a home cooked meal and catch up time was just what we needed.  It is amazing that despite the fact that we haven't seen each other since May 2012, we caught up without skipping a beat. 

Sunday, we went out for Brunch, and it was amazing!  We went to Mimi's Café, and it was so great.  I can't wait to take Mike to get some delicious food next time he is in town.  After brunch, I went to see "White Christmas" with another dear friend.  I had never seen the movie, but it got me in the Christmas mood.  I really want to see it again, and soon!

Tablescape.  Love my new holiday décor.  I don't have much, but it is a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!