Sunday, December 8, 2013

Holidays & Stress

I know that this time of year can be stressful.  I worked over 95 hours this week!  Sad Face. 

Trying to keep up with the holidays, the committments, etc, can be stressful.  Here are a few tips on how to not "over do it". 

1. Do not over extend yourself.  Do not offer to buy gifts for those you simply cannot buy for.  I buy for my bf, his parents, and my nieces and nephews.  Plus, we cap the gift amount.  That way there aren't crazy expectations.  I also bought a gift for my bff.  She just had a baby boy, and I had to get a gift for her.  Babies.  Drive me nuts:)  In a good way!

2.  Refer to Number 1.  Do not sign up for more than you can do.  Whether it is the 5th cookie exchange, or the 10th holiday party, you must limit yourself as well.  I have 1 holiday party for work, and then I am getting together with friends in Chicago.  Family on Christmas day.  That is it.  And I am ok with it.  3 events.  Simple.

3.  Make lists, and check them twice.  Like Santa.  Seriously.  I have an ongoing list of gifts, so I make sure that when I mail them all off next week, I didn't forget one that I was "hiding", etc. 

4.  Don't get that last minute "holy crap I had to buy it bc it was on sale" item.  I live "in" a mall. I seriously see the prices, and I know a good deal from a crappy one.  Thank goodness.  Because I was severely disappointed in Black Friday shopping.  First time, and last time I do that.  Nothing was really "I have to buy it now!" 

5.  Keep a schedule.  Plan to ship out gifts, mail out cards, bake those cookies, etc. 

6.  Plan out your outfits.  I did 30 for 30.  Again.  I did not buy a dress for our holiday party,  but rented one from Rent the Runway again.  I hope I love it as much as the last dress! 

7.  Keep calm, and go to the spa.  For reals.

8.  Enjoy yourself, and remember the reason for the season.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!