Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

via

What does Mother’s Day mean to me?
It means so many things.  It is happiness.  It is sorrow.  It is old memories..it is making new ones.
My mother passed away 9 years ago, and it is sad to know that she is no longer here with me, but taught me to be the best that I can.  She taught me that it is ok to fail.  To get up.  Try again.  To love unconditionally.  To live it up in college-you only live once.  To always rely on your siblings.  To never show up at anyone’s home empty handed.  How to make meatloaf.  I think that is my husband’s favorite.  Her memory will always live on with me, and my siblings.
It is standing in the kitchen, waiting for some homemade banana bread to be done baking for brunch tomorrow with my mother in law and family tomorrow morning.
It is praying for those who are trying to conceive and be a mom.  A road that is not easy for many. 
It is praying for those moms of angel babies, who yearn for their children on this day, and many days.  
It is helping out those new moms, who may just need a hand at home.  A break from mommy duty.  A friend to just listen, and not to judge.
Mother’s day is a day to appreciate those women all around us that much more.  Those that are here.  Those that are the role of mom, sister, aunt, grandmother, friend.  Those that just do those mom things. 
Cheers to all the moms.  Both here on earth, and in heaven.  Those with us today, or 2000 miles away.  The world is a better place with women like you!!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!