Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Recap

Well folks, I am finally back from my last trip of the year.  That is right.  Being 5.5 months pregnant, I won't take the risk to fly anymore, even though there are many events I want to go to.  It just isn't worth it.

I went out East, and spent time with friends and family.  My first stop was visiting one of my bffs and her husband and son.  My first time meeting the little dude.  He is a dead ringer for his dad, and just too cute.  We all went out on a grown up night, and got to catch up and she def talked to me about a lot of baby stuff.  So grateful, as I feel clueless and unprepared most days. We ate dinner at Bazins, which was excellent.  Then we found a tiny boutique that was moving, and I bought a bunch of stuff for the tiny human.  Made out like a bandit.  50% off everything. Woohoo!  We also went to Sweet City Desserts for a treat to go.  Such a wonderful day.  I left their house and went 30 mins west to my oldest brother's house.

Friday we went to Ford's Fish Shack for lunch.  So good.  I was in heaven.  We then went to Ritas for some ice, and then back home so we could get ready for some Friday Night Lights.  High School Football!  My niece, aka, mini-me's school was beating some serious butt until lightening made us evacuate the field.  Bummer.  We left after they called the game for weather.

Saturday I went to Alexandria to have brunch with my ILLINI ladies. I love and miss my college friends so much.  And it never ceases to amaze me that even 15 years after we have all met, we are close, and will drop anything/everything to help each other out.  We had brunch at Warehouse, which was incredible.  I will def come back whenever I am in VA.  It was that good.  We grabbed some cupcakes at Lavender Moon Cupcakery.  Highly recommend it.  I have had many a cupcake in my day, but this place was just wonderful.  After brunch I relaxed as the baby was wearing me out all day, and then had dinner and played Apples to Apples with the crazy family!

Post Cupcakes! And over 50 years of military experience.  Awesome ladies!
Sunday I drove to Annapolis for my friend's wedding.  What a whirlwind.  Brunch with my Navy gals, wedding ceremony, and reception.  Thank goodness I wore flats:)  I just can't get over how beautiful of a day it was.  I am so happy for my friend, and just find it amusing that our whole group found our "loves" so much later than most people.  Our husbands were worth the wait!

Alie, Me, Katie

Can't even describe how beautiful this is!!!

Love these ladies!

Me and Katie.  I met her 15 years ago, and we always pick up right where we left off!!


I flew back to Chicago Monday, and am glad to be home with the pups and my guy.  Now I just have to get my butt in gear and prep two more rooms in the house before baby comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!