Sunday, March 4, 2012

Patience

Have you ever had one of those weekends where you tried to have a good time, make plans, and just really crazy stuff happens?  Yeah, that was this weekend.  I honestly felt like I was being challenged to be a better Christian this weekend.  My patience was overloaded, and I had many ethical challenges put in my face.  Luckily I dealt with each one the best I could.  Now it is Sunday night.  I just finished a book, and am about to study and go to bed. 

I know sometimes you read blogs that are nothing but puppies and sunshine, or the opposite of nothing but bitching and moaning. 

I try to be somewhere in between.  I am just in a place right now where work and life are tending to push me to the limit and I am trying to find a happy medium. 

I was trying so hard to be a good person this weekend, be a good Samaritan, be a good neighbor.  It is tough when other people test you, and make you into an ugly person.  A person you do not want to be. 

I really hope the good Lord gives me patience to be a better person this week.  Praying for peace of mind this week. 

After finding this prayer, I think I need to listen more and talk less.  I have many heartaches, especially with life right now, and in the past.  I think these life experiences have made me a better person, and have taught me valuable lessons about life in general.  I am having a hard time dealing with these on my own in the face of uncertainty, so I vent to people.  I feel like venting to those I trust is okay, but now I feel like maybe I am overburdening them.  I guess I need to find a happy medium for it all. 

Teach me, my Lord, to be sweet and gentle in all the events of my life, in disappointments, in the thoughtlessness of others, in the insincerity of those I trusted, in the unfaithfulness of those on whom I relied. Let me forget myself so that I may enjoy the happiness of others. Let me always hide my little pains and heartaches so that I may be the only one to suffer from them. Teach me to profit by the suffering that comes across my path. Let me so use it that it may mellow me, not harden or embitter me; that it may make me patient, not irritable; that it may make me broad in my forgiveness, not narrow or proud or overbearing. May no one be less good for having come within my influence; no one less pure, less true, less kind, less noble, for having been a fellow traveler with me on our journey towards eternal life. As I meet with one cross after another, let me whisper a word of love to You. May my life be lived in the supernatural, full of power for good, and strong in its purpose of sanctity. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!