Saturday, March 23, 2013

Homecoming Preps

Homecoming is right around the corner.  Happiness, anxiety, worry, planning-all of it is in the air.  You hear Sailors milling about talking about their plans when they get home.  Taking the family to Disney, buying a new car, going on a date with their girl friend-you name it-we are in full planning mode around here!

I know I am in full planning mode,too..but I have a ton of work to do before we get there. 

I am looking forward to dry land, fresh food, my own bed, seeing my guy, family, friends, getting my puppy back..well-the list goes on..and on..and on!

Homecoming is full of so many emotions.  Here is one article that describes the rollercoaster of emotions that one may face.  Luckily for us, we have teams of counselors that come to the ship and teach class ranging from new babies, reconnecting as a couple, financial management, etc.  The families have similar classes offered to them, too! 

Please continue to pray for us as we continue our journey to our homeport.  We have quite a few days of hard work ahead of us before we can say "Moored, shift colors!" in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!