Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: Music

Whilst we are deep in the throes of wedding planning, music is coming to be a topic of conversation.  My guy is friends with our DJ, which is a good thing and a bad thing.  I don't want this to be my guys favs from the 90's, or anything that is just ridiculous. 

I am curious to see if everyone loves/hates the same songs.  There are just some I refuse to play, even if it is 1 person's favorite song.  I want the wedding to be fun for everyone.  Sorry Cotton Eye Joe..you have to go!! 

Here is a rough list of Do Not Play..

  • Cha Cha Slide
  • We are Family
  • YMCA
  • Chicken Dance
  • Macarena
  • Anything from the DISCO era
  • Locomotion
  • Limbo
  • No Kid Rock
  • No break up/depressing songs
  • No Electric Slide
  • Can you tell I hate line dances/group dancing.  Ugh
  • Cupid Shuffle
  • Nothing vulgar..I know I am a Sailor, but really?!
  • Cotton Eye Joe...again
So...ladies..what was on your DO play list and DO NOT play list?

2 comments:

  1. haha we had the same list!

    Honestly we started our "Do Not Play List" about a year ago, keeping a running list on my now husband's phone...at other weddings! It's unreal how many weddings play bad music! The bad songs inspired our list lol Luckily our idea worked and our DJ was incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I need to talk to him more about the music, as we just met our DJ together. He DJd at a bar in Chicago, so we got a preview of his style there!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!