Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm Back!!

I just got back from my vacation.  It was part staycation, part visiting family.  We did so much, I'll have to post a few times about it, with pictures of course!

This first post will encompass all most of what I ate, and the motivation behind my workouts this next month er..year.

We went to many restaurants, and cooked a lot as well. 
Some of these include:

  • Melrose Restaurant  Yummy diner goodness. Always good service.
  • The Ram  Eh...so so.  Good fries. Really good fries.
  • The Bagel  I can't believe this was my first visit here.  Can't wait to go back!! Pickles.  Yum.
  • Wilde Can never say enough good things about this place.  Really.
  • Pancake House Yum. 
  • Billy Goat Cheezborger, chips, coke, beer.
  • Bridget McNeills Can't ever get enough of their food. 
  • Ruby Tuesdays.  List this mostly because the waitress was a hoot.  Literally. If I even told you the story, you wouldn't believe me. 

In terms of cooking, we bbq'd a lot.  Bacon wrapped fillets, orzo spinach salad, potato salad, more steaks, German potato salad, Sweetwater BBQ, coleslaw, etc.  Breakfast was southern food every day..grits (which I tried for the first time), bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, the list goes on. 

If you ever travel to the Lake of the Ozarks, or through the old Route 66, you must stop at Sweetwater BBQ.  A-m-a-z-i-n-g!  I have it every time I am there. 

I ate pretty healthy most of the time, salads, etc etc.  I am training for a half marathon, so I can't be too crazy!  Off to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!