Saturday, August 6, 2011

Goodbyes..little things..and Adventure!!

This past week was a whirlwind.  Literally. 

I did so much!  I almost feel like I can't remember it, which is probably why I started this blog to begin with.  Even though I have a photographic-rand-mcnally-like memory (seriously, its nuts), I started this to document places, things, events, etc.  I always know where my favorite pizzeria in country X is, but I know by walking down this street by this monument, etc.  That confuses people, and viola, here is ChicagoGirlAroundTheWorld.  I have now left Chicago, and am starting my travels.  I'll be here, there, everywhere for about 1.5 years....

First off, I hate goodbyes.  I hate them because they are emotional, and I am not an emotional person.  I am a girl that lives surrounded by walls..thus, I will not cry or get emotional.  Nope. 

I had two goodbye dinners and a lunch last week.  It was so nice spending time with my friends.  I love my girls!  From the girls I went to high school with, to the ones I am serving in the Navy with, etc, we all have a special bond.  I can't wait to see them again. 

Then came the work goodbye.  I tried to leave silently.  Then, as I was doing last minute errands, some how, people kept "finding" my cell # and called me and texted me.  They had to say goodbye in person.  It was nice to see that I had enough of an impact on people, that they did that.  I am a very tough person at work, and I know that.  I expect the best out of my guys/gals, and I try to give them my best in return.  I really enjoyed working this job, and each of my leading chiefs made it enjoyable to go to work every day.  I really hope my next job is like that. 

The goodbye with my guy was easier, because we spent a week together.  A week doing everything and nothing at the same time.  Bbqing, doing laundry, cleaning the house, watching season 1 of the Wire ( I am addicted, and have to buy my own copy now), trying new places for dinner, everything.  He helped me pack up my car today, and took me to breakfast before I started the first trek of my drive out East.  He is amazing, and I can't wait for our next visit.  It won't be for a while, because we have a lot going on at work, but it will be a great visit nonetheless. 

So here I am, sitting in a little hotel room in no-where-in-particular Pennsylvania.  Starting the next leg of my adventure after I am well rested tomorrow.  Looking forward to where to road takes me, and taking advantage of every single weekend I have out East. 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!