Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Crockpot Mushroom Barley Soup

I made this recipe during the "polar vortex" that was last week.  Turned out that the day I made it, it was 70 in Florida.  Don't hate.  It was 24 the next day!

I love my crockpot, and wanted to make a soup, and viola, I found this recipe.  Super easy, and amazing.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 pound White Button Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
  • 1/2 pound Baby Bella Mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
  • 1 sweet onion, diced
  • 3 carrots, diced
  • 3 celery ribs, diced
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 3/4 cup pearl barley
  • 6 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • salt and pepper to taste

  • Method:
    • Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
    • Set on low for 6-8 hours
    • Once finished, taste for seasoning




    1 comment:

    1. Sooo jealous of your 70 degree day! I could really go for one of those right now! 24 degrees, not so much. There is nothing better than a warm soup on a cool day, though!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for stopping by!