Monday, May 23, 2011

Favorite Mexican/Latin American Restaurants in Chicago

So I figured if I wrote a post on making my own Mexican food..I would write about my favorite Mexican food haunts in the city..

Buena Vista  This little BYOB gem in Lakeview is perfect for a cheap night out.  There is a liquor store across the street, so you can pick up some Dos Equis or Margaritas, and head on over.  Never been disappointed with a trip here!

Cesars.  I can't say enough good things about this place.  I am sure I have written about this place before, because their slogan is "Killer Margaritas".  They are definitely killer, and I have never left this place without a satisfied appetite and a buzz.  Mondays are $5 everything for lunch..kind of awesome.

Cafe 28.  Much more ritzy than the other places.  Also more Cuban than any other food, but a great place for a girls night out or date night!

Taco and Burrito House.  Great for take out.  Some of the best enchiladas I have ever had.

La Taberna Tapatia.  I can barely pronounce the name, but I had a blast here.  Great food, even better drinks.  Strong Margaritas. 

Litos Empanadas.  This place has some of the best empanadas I have ever had.  I usually go here when I am running errands on a weekend.  Tried almost the entire menu, and would recommend all of it!

Uncle Julios Hacienda.  This place is huge, and I loved the food.  Only bad thing is if you park here, it is valet.   If you don't like being forced to valet, this is an issue. 

Holy cow that is a lot of restaurants.  But what can I say..who doesn't love some tacos and a margarita??

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!