Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mexican Food in Chicago

So I went on a long run today training for my race next weekend.  After I was done, I had a huge craving for Mexican food..not sure why :)  I went out to the Market Place Grocery Store on Diversey.  Kind of expensive with certain foods (Milk is $5 for a half gallon..yikes), so I only buy specialty kind of foods there. 
They have one thing I used to have all the time as a kid, Tom Tom Tomales.  My dad would go to the store featured here .  Sooo good!  I would suggest visiting the store if you want to buy in bulk.  Wonderful for party food.  Or for feeding 5 kids!

A few of my favorite Chicago Mexican Food brands:
Tom Tom Tomales
El Milagro Corn Chips/Tortillas, etc
Frontera (Rick Bayless) Wonderful Salsa and Chips

I will definitely have to add to this post soon.  I make a lot of homemade Mexican at home, but haven't in a while.  Need to get back on it now that the weather is getting nicer, and turning on the oven will be something of the past..I hope:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!