Monday, May 2, 2011

Run to Remember

This year was a tragic year for the Chicago Police Department.  I think anyone who lives in Chicago, knows someone who serves on the police force.  They have a tough job, keeping our city safe every day.  Just like the military, they serve and protect, work holidays, and make many sacrifices. 

The city mourned the loss of 6 officers who died in the line of duty. 

The Run to Remember was this past Saturday, and it is in its 7th year.  Over 4,000 people ran a 5K to remember the fallen officers, and raise money for the Police Memorial Foundation.  I was fortunate enough to run along side some friends of mine who serve on the force, and even ran into a classmate from U of I.  You can follow Run to Remember on FB, and keep track of events for the Police Memorial Foundation.  I hope I can fly back to run it next year.

Run to Remember


Police Memorial Post 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!