Saturday, August 24, 2013

Roasted Turkey Panini

I need to get back into the "1 new recipe a week" mantra I keep trying to live by.  I usually make a new recipe, and try new things all the time.  With the madness of a few moves, a deployment, etc, I have fallen behind.  Now I am back.  With a vengeance! 

I made the best sandwich this week for lunch.  I preheated my griddler (one of my best purchases ever...I love Cuisinart products!), and used the following ingredients for two paninis:

  • 1 tablespoon of mayo (I used olive oil mayo)
  • 1 tablespoon of pre made pesto (I used Bertolli)
  • 4 slices of bread (artisan bread or crusty country bread)
  • unsalted butter or EVOO to put on bread slices
  • 4 oz of thinly sliced smoked turkey breasts
  • 2 oz of thinly sliced baby swiss cheese
  • 2 oz of thinly sliced ren onion
I lightly brushed each slice of bread with butter, and then started stacking my ingredients on the bread! I combined the pesto and mayo, and spread the mixture on the bread (butter side down for the griddle).  I then put the ingredients in the following order: smoked turkey, cheese, and onions.  Then, assemble the sandwiches with the oiled/butter sides on the griddle, and grill for 3-4 minutes.

Panini Heaven

Not the best pic ever, it was an Instagram pic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!