Friday, December 24, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

Favorite places I have visited!  I have been around the world and back a few times with my travels on my own, and with the Navy.  I want to go back to each of these places again, along with some other places I want to visit!

My top 5 are:
1.      Dubai.  I went here twice, and would gladly fly back on my own.  The resorts, shopping, and food were amazing!  Dubai Mall was a cool attraction, complete with its own ski slope inside.  I wouldn’t recommend it, but it is a sight to see! The best part of the trip was a day at Wild Wadi Water Park.  Most of the ship went there multiple times. Best.Waterslides.Ever! I stayed at the Dubai Beach Marine Resort and Spa.  Quite possibly the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at.  Beautiful. 

2.      Rome.  I have been here twice, and loved each trip.  I have been to Italy five times, and Rome is just an amazing city.  So much history, so much beauty, and who can forget the food?  I will never forget the little pizzeria near the Colosseum.  I go there every time I visit!

3.      Paris.  I lived here the summer after I completed my freshman year of college.  I studied a history class here, and had my own apartment.  We travelled throughout the country, and I have to say my favorite parts were visiting the art museums, and Normandy.  The art museums such as the Louvre, are so huge, I would go after class and look at the art again and again.  Normandy was just simply breathtaking.  To walk on the same beaches and traverse near the concertina wire still standing there, so many years later…words can’t do it justice.

4.      Napa Valley, California.  Wine, wine, wine.  I was here for a day, and want to go back! 

5.      Yokohama.  I went here last year to visit my brother at Christmas.  Got to see some great things, and discover my love for Chu-hi.  I would love to go back again in the spring to see the cherry blossoms..and someday climb Mount Fuji!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!