Friday, January 20, 2012

Crockpot Rosemary Chicken

I made this Rosemary Chicken this past weekend, and it was nothing short of amazing.  First time I have ever made chicken and say "wow, it isn't dry".  That good.  I love chicken, but am always afraid to under cook it and get people sick.  Am I the only one who thinks that way?!

Fresh Rosemary Chicken
1/2 c lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper or more
1 1/2 to 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts

In a large ziploc bag (not the zipper type), place lemon juice, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Shake mixture and add chicken. Close bag and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator, turning bag frequently. Place chicken in the crockpot and pour marinade over. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours, or until tender, basting occasionally with the marinade, if possible. Serves 4 to 6 servings.  I cooked it on high for 4 hours.  Worked out for me!  I paired the chicken with some steamed broccoli and cheese, and some white wine.  Perfect Sunday dinner.

Rosemary Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!