Friday, January 13, 2012

Pasta with Roasted Vegetables

I asked some of my friends for their favorite recipes, and a college friend of mine gave me her fav.  Her mom makes this all the time, and after I made it, I texted her and told her to hug her momma for me.  It is that good.

I modified this recipe to use what I could find at the commissary. 

Time total: 45 mins
Cook time: 30 mins veggies
Pasta: boil 7-10 mins (less for al dente, or just look at the box;)
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
  • Whole grain bow tie pasta (1 box)
  • assorted veggies to roast: 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper,1 yellow squash, 1/2 red onion, 1lb asparagus, 1 cup baby carrots. 
  • olive oil
  • salt/pepper to taste
  • freshly grated Parmesan cheese
I preheated the oven to 450 degrees while I prepped the veggies.  I cut the peppers into small strips, sliced the squash thin, as well as the red onion.  I omitted the asparagus because I couldn't find any! 
I placed the prepped, cut and washed veggies into a 9x13 dish, and mixed them with a few tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.  I put this in the oven at 450 for 30 mins, stirring twice while cooking.  I boiled the water and cooked the bow tie pasta, drained, and placed in a bowl.  I covered the pasta with the roasted veggies and parmesean cheese when complete.  You can also add some tomatoes in garlic, but I felt that these veggies hit the spot.  This isn't just my friends favorite, it is now definitely one of mine!

Pasta with Roasted Veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!