Sunday, April 22, 2012

Travelling with a Pet

Has anyone flown with a dog before?

I ask this question, because I have to move my lil precious pup soon, and it has been a total friggin nightmare.  I almost cried on the phone because I was so frustrated.  All of the customer service reps from the airline are not from the US, so I can't understand them, and they wouldn't book her.  I was on the phone with the "pet people" for that airline for 1 hour, each day for a few days until finally someone answered.

I don't have hours to be wasting waiting for someone to answer a phone!  I missed a ton of stuff that I have to do, including studying for my final.

Has anyone flown with a pup, or have any recommendations in the future?  The moving, new job, deployment is stressful enough without having to worry about the welfare of my best bud.



1 comment:

  1. Friend-call me! I flew home with maddux over Christmas, and Southwest made it SO EASY!

    http://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/pets/index-pol.html

    It is so easy!
    1) Book a flight on southwest
    2) Call them to reserve your pet spot
    3) you buy an approved carrier at the check in if you dont have one already
    4) Pay the fee when you check in-Plus, it is the cheapest of all the airlines. They were SO wonderful on the flight, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!