Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Emanuel on weekend violence: "Enough"

Emanuel on weekend violence: "Enough": Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel discusses shootings over the holiday weekend that left nine dead.

I love my city.  I think it is one of the greatest in the world, but holy smokes, this is only April, and we have 9 people killed over Easter weekend?!?  It is true; it is all about values.  It is about right and wrong.  I fear for the littles in the city, for the workers, for everyone..because of senseless acts like these that plague our city. 

Pray that it will get better.  Pray that the nonsense will cease.  We can blame this, that, or the other-but all in all; it takes a lot to get through to those who feel like this is the only option.  I really hope that they hire more cops, put more money into helping develop the youth.  I was in one of those programs-and it helped employ me over the summer each year.  I loved my job and the program-known as Gallery 37. 

Praying for Chicago..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!