Friday, April 11, 2014

What Inspired Me to Start Blogging

August of 2010 was a great month for me.  I had just started dating a new guy, loved living in Chicago, and was training for a half marathon with my brother. 

I got sick the last week of August, just as I had started a fundraising campaign, grad school-you name it.  I struggled that week, and was in and out of the VA, and other doctors offices.

My oldest brother just had a hunch, and told me to get to the nearest civilian ER to my house.  Fortunately for me, I had many to choose from.  I took a cab two blocks to the ER, because I was that sick.  The cabbie kind of laughed at me..and I gave him the "Go F*%$ yourself" look.  Just a few short hours later, I was in emergency surgery to remove my appendix.  Apparently I had a terrible infection that all the doctors had missed until that point. 

I woke up after surgery, called my youngest brother, and slept.  When I woke up, my guy was sitting next to me in the hospital.  I stayed there for a few days, and I started the blog as I stayed at home for two months fighting off the infection.   Needless to say, the half marathon didn't happen for me.  So instead, I watched a lot of Food Network, and read a lot. 

I wanted this blog to remember my experiences throughout my many adventures.  In the past 4 years, I have moved from Chicago to Virginia to Rhode Island to Florida, I have deployed, I have made new friends, and now, started my next adventure as a newly engaged lady to a sexy, and incredible Chicago Cop!

I can't wait for what the next adventure holds, and I can't wait to take each day as it comes.  I had a good friend in college who always went by Carpe Diem, and I can't say enough that should be everyone's motto! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!