Friday, January 21, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

When I was in high school, I was convinced I would go into art or architecture.  Until I realized I needed to make money..so the Navy was my second option. 

I do love art, and have been to many art museums all over the world.  I may be biased, but the Art Institute in Chicago is my favorite museum.  I have been to the Louvre, but I was disappointed when I saw the Mona Lisa.  You think it is a grand piece of art, but it is so small, behind thick glass...just not what I had in mind.  I just went to the Art Institute this past Monday on my day off.  Had to soak in some good art..yet my favorite painting is on loan until the end of the month..#3.

The following are my favorite paintings..in no particular order:

1. Thomas Kinkade, Cape Hatteras

via Google
2. Claude Joseph Vernet, The Shipwreck

via Google
3. Gustave Caillebotte, Paris Street, Rainy Day

via Google
4. Georges Seurat, A Sunday on La Grande Jatte

via Google
5. Edward Hopper, Nighthawks

via Google

All images of paintings via Google images

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!