Saturday, January 15, 2011

Semi Homemade

I was at a friend's party last month, and I mentioned how I love Sandra Lee from the Food Network channel, but that she made feel..well..inadequate.  I mean, holy cow can she cook, host, etc.  I love to cook, but I definitely don't have the time, patience, know how, that she has!

I made my semi-homemade dinner tonight, and it turned out fantastic.  Trying to stick to my low GI diet, and eat much healthier.

Tonight's dinner was baked halibut, rice pilaf, and a garden salad with some Italian soda (indulgence :) 

I got some halibut from Whole Foods, and marinated it and baked it for 20 minutes.  I made the rice pilaf, and picked up a ready made salad from Whole Foods.  Just couldn't turn it down.  Kind of like the wine I bought there too!

My ingredients and splurge of the week!

Finished Product.  Halibut, rice pilaf, salad, Italian Soda

I have to say this semi-homemade adventure turned out great.  Looking forward to the rest of my recipes for the week..and my trip to 2 restaurants I have been dying  I mean really looking forward to going to!  Both are Groupons..and have been there before, but not for a long time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!