Saturday, March 19, 2011

DC Trip

I went to DC for a weekend to attend a good friend's retirement ceremony.  What an awesome trip!  I love my little weekends away every couple of months, and I needed this break. 

I got to DC Thursday and just relaxed and got some good food (I will do a separate food post).  Friday morning I went to the Navy Memorial, to set up and practice for Ken's retirement.  22 years of Naval Service, and a wonderful reunion of good friends!  I went to his house later on in the day to spend time with him, his family, and our friends.  Loved having two low-key nights!  Saturday I went to breakfast with a former CO and his wife, one of the best mentors I could ask for!  After that, Colleen and I went out and about, and attended the Shamrock Fest in DC.  Holy cow was that an interesting time!  After the fest, we grabbed some food and a brew and I headed to my hotel to get some shut eye.  An exhausting and fun weekend!!!

Inside the Entrance of the Navy Memorial

Iwo Jima Reunion

Me with the Retiree!

Me with the Lone Sailor.

White House!

Capitol!

Shamrock Fest.  Love this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!