Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fitness and Diet..

Part of my New Years Resolution was working out more, etc etc.  I have been working out more, but haven't seen a lot of results..so I went to a nutritionist.  She was helpful in determining how many calories I should cut from my diet, but overall..I wasn't eating awful food to start with.  She told me most folks drink 2 liters of soda a day, eat nothing but cookies, candy, etc. 

Now my new plan is down to 1200 calories a day to see if I can lose weight and get in better shape.  I have been doing this a week, and have already noticed some results, so I hope I can keep this up.  I have an app for my phone that is called "calorie counter" and it is so helpful.  I have done everything in the book before this..weight watchers, other websites to track, etc.  The app helps me keep track of the breakdown of fat, calories, and protein in my diet.  Awesome.  So much easier when I can just barcode scan something into my phone.

I also did spin yesterday, and am starting Bikram yoga Saturday.  Starting slow..

I found this article online, so I will try some of the recipes they posted. 

When I was doing some research online, I noticed that most people eat between 2000-3500 calories a day.  My fav sandwich from JJ's is over 600 calories.  Combine that with chips and a diet coke..holy crap that is more than half of what I really needed.  Week 1 is done...lets see how long I can do this before I turn into the moodiest, craziest person on the planet.  :)  I will also keep updating the low cal yummy meals I make..

Last night was Baked Halibut, rice pilaf, steamed corn, and a dinner roll. 

Break down is 7 g of fat, 70 g of carbs, 47 g of protein, and 500 calories. Wasn't a cheap meal because halibut is uber expensive, but the bf loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!