Monday, October 28, 2013

Rent the Runway

Since I was gearing up to go to the wedding in Annapolis, I decided to "Rent the Runway" instead of buying a new dress.  I have so many dresses from J Crew and Banana Republic that just sit in my closet after one wear.  Some of you may ask "why?!?"  Well, being in the Navy, I don't have a lot of use for daily dress wear, but I do wear them for date night, ladies night out, and weddings. 

My good friend used www.renttherunway.com many times, and had nothing but wonderful things to say about it. 

I did it, and was nothing but impressed!  I received the box from UPS, and opened it with my SIL.  I had three dresses in a garment bag, and a box with the jewelry I rented.  It all looked amazing.  I rented the primary dress in a size 10 and size 12.  Then, I ordered another dress, just in case those two didn't work out.  I also ordered a necklace to make the outfit whole. 

I loved the way it all turned out.  The size 10 was perfect, and the necklace really went well with the dress.  If I had bought the dress and the necklace, I would have spent over $720 for something I would never wear again.  Instead, I spent $100, and no dry cleaning bill!  Oh yeah, did I forget that?  You send the dresses, other items, etc back in a UPS bag, and they do all the dirty work. 

Let's just say, I can't wait to rent the runway again!  Let me know if any of you ladies need an invite or recommendations!

Oscar Wild dinner dress with the Crystal Cluster necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!