Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Plenty to be Thankful for-Hometown!



I love my hometown, sweet home Chicago.  I was born and raised on the South Side, Beverly to be exact.  I then had the opportunity to move back for the Navy for 3 years.  I opted to live in Lakeview, and I loved every minute of it.  I hope to move back after my commitment to the Navy. 

Why I love Chicago:

It is a city with rich history.  I love the fact that our city has survived a major fire, rebuilt, and has thrived.  Chicago is the home of the skyscraper, railroad hubs, etc.  Every time I talk about Chicago to people, I get so excited.  It is my kind of town. 


Michigan Ave Bridge
Chicago has some amazing architecture.  I worked as an apprentice architect at Gallery 37 for a few summers, creating many great pieces of art, sold in galleries.  This was one of the most rewarding and amazing summer jobs I could have ever had!

The food.  Oh my goodness.  The food.  Pizza, hot dogs, steak, Italian Beef, you name it, I can tell you "my fav" places to go.
Pizza: Lou Malnatis pizza, although Barracos has a special place in my heart.
Hot Dogs: Pops hot dogs and Hot Dougs...both are amazing.
Steak: Wildfire. 
Italian Beef : Als or at Pops, both are awesome!
Burger.  Everyone needs a Billy Goat experience.  Just once.

Ahhh..Billy Goat Burger+312=heaven.  And heartburn.


Da Bears.  Sports.  Chicago fans love their teams, whether they are good or not.  I will always be a Cubs fan.  Always.

At Wrigley before I re-enlisted one of my Sailors at home plate!

What is your hometown?

1 comment:

  1. love it! chicago is the best city :)

    the cubbies are always my team too, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!