Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Plenty To Be Thankful For-Thanksgiving Traditions


You can read about Thanksgiving traditions I have had in the past .here .   Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  It is truly about everyone, giving thanks, and spending time together.  I usually spend Thanksgiving with the Navy, but the past 3 years, I spent it with my family.  This year, I will spend it with my guy and his family.  I may visit my family, too..but I still have to figure that out!  I know next year I will be far far away...so it makes this Thanksgiving that much more special! 

As kids, I would help my mom make her world famous stuffing, while dad cleaned the house, made the pies, and entertained grandma, and my aunts and uncles.  My brothers would come in the back door of the house, dragging mud everywhere from their annual "mud football" game at the park a few blocks away.  My sister usually had to work the night before, so we would have to drag her out of bed eventually to eat with us.  Football, amazing food (especially the German food from my Aunt), and family time.  After dinner, my brothers and sisters friends usually came over for a bit, and we would play board games before they went bar hopping.    

Now I just have to get through class on Wednesday, and get myself in gear for a flight back home!

1 comment:

  1. i hope you have an AMAZING thanksgiving :)
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!