Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap..

I had the best time for my holiday!  I got out of work early on Wednesday..which got me to the airport early.  Then, United bumped me up to a direct flight, and got me home 4 hours early!  My guy picked me up at the airport, and we had a chance to have a nice dinner, and go to bed to get ready for Thanksgiving!

We spent the day with his family and had a wonderful Polish/American meal.  I got to meet more of his extended family.  And here is where the funny story happens.  I say funny, because I can laugh at just about anything. 

We had just sat down at a table for 10, when we ordered a round of drinks at the restaurant.  The server set down my Miller Lite, and then she dropped the tray of the remaining 9 drinks on me and my guy.  I just cracked up.  He was a bit peeved, and I just laughed.  I think his family thought I was crazy until I told them about my oldest brothers wedding.  He got married on a lake, and we had the reception dinner at a lake front restaurant.  The waitress dumped a tray of 17 drinks on my sister in law (still in her wedding dress).  So lets just say I figured...a couple of Miller Lites on Thanksgiving is nothing compared to multiple Miller Lites, and 1 Pink Lady on your wedding day! 

We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, watching movies, having a date night, meeting up with friends, family.  It was a whirlwind, and a great time.  I don't remember a time where I was not stressed, and just enjoyed being home.

I can't wait to go home for Christmas.  There is something about Chicago..well anytime, and especially at Christmastime.  Plus, I get to snuggle with my new niece again!

How was your holiday?!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!