Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lent

I feel like this time of year has creeped up on me so quickly!  I have been super stressed out lately, so I hope I can come back to a better place and really focus on what this time of year is about.

Things I will try to do this Lent:
No Meat on Fridays
Fasting
Limit TV (I have been really good about this the past 8 months!)
Go to Church more often
Perform good works of Mercy

I used to volunteer a couple of times a month in Chicago.  It is almost impossible to do this in Rhode Island.  We sign up for stuff, and never get calls back.  It can be a bit discouraging sometimes.

I feel that with the above, in addition to working out more, and doing my "40 bags in 40 days" from the Clover Lane blog, I can accomplish a lot and be my best self. 

To add to this list...a friend of mine and I are organizing a project to honor a friend of ours who died training to be a Navy pilot.  I will keep you posted on our memorial.  I got the idea today, and we are trying to make the plan come to life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!