Monday, February 6, 2012

Newport Dining

My friends came into town this weekend, and we knew we had to take them to the real "Newport" places.  After a tour of The Breakers, we took a nice drive down Ocean Drive.  Gorgeous views all over.  We had lunch at Castle Hill. I enjoyed the two course lunch with organic greens and Scottish Salmon.  Amazing.  The greens were fragrant, and so fresh.  The Salmon was perfect with the risotto.  I can't wait to go back.  I would love to take my guy there when he visits again! 

We went to the White Horse Tavern for dinner.  I love this place. Both places are incredible, and have their own fantastic atmosphere.  The servers are knowledgeable, and the food was to die for.  I had the Lobster Mac and Cheese at White Horse for dinner.  So delicious.  This is also the home for the drink, Dark N Stormy.  We all enjoyed our meals, and our cocktails. 

Both of these restaurants, along with Rhumbline, Hotel Viking, and the Black Pearl are a few of my favorites so far in Newport.  I hope to dine at more places while I live here, and take advantage of the fresh seafood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!