Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

I decided to try a new soup recipe once again for Sunday dinner.  Success!  It took me a while to find the right ingredients. 

Check out this link at Skinnytaste.com.  Gina's recipes are amazing, and this one was no exception.

Soup Recipe

I put brown rice in for white rice, because I can't eat white rice with my diet.  The soup wasn't as creamy in the end, but all in all, I don't think you need the sour cream. 

I paired the soup with some whole wheat beer bread.  I usually use tastefully simple, but since I am in Rhode Island, I tried Bristol Harbor Whole Wheat Beer Bread.  Pretty tasty!


I have so much of this soup left over.  This recipe is definitely for a crowd.  I am packing this with lunch almost every day this week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to make this soup! We have almost everything we need for it already. I have an obsession with the Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice soup at Panera so maybe this will be a healthier alternative? I'm excited for you to be nearing the finish line to head to Mayport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and oh...did you see the flank steak with balsamic tomato topping on her blog?? It looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!