Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dinner and the Opera

When my mister and I were going from the Church back to the hotel after my friends wedding, we talked about how we both wanted to go to the opera.  Not even three weeks later, I found some discounted opera tickets.  Yay!  Date night!  They were for the Girl of the Golden West at the Lyric Opera of Chicago.  I wanted to go to a nice dinner before the opera, so I asked my concierge for some recommendations.  He told me about a new steakhouse, called the Chicago Cut.  Great food!  I had a 1 inch filet, and we shared mushrooms, scalloped potatoes, and sauteed spinach.  The wine was great, and the wine list is on an Ipad.  I am pretty partial to Wildfire for steak, but this is my new favorite.  Oh, and did I mention they came out with a giant piece of chocolate cake for dessert?  And the amazing view?  It is right on the Chicago river.  I am partial to places with a good view, since the architecture of this city is just...well..awesome. 

We went to the Lyric Opera House after dinner, had a drink and walked around looking at all the beauty that the opera house had to offer.  We had amazing seats, main floor, about 10th row.  The opera was wonderful, and it was probably one of the best date nights we have ever had.  We just kept cracking each other up, and great food, and even better company:)

We didn't do anything for "valentines day" but I did make him a nice dinner Friday (Wellington, rice pilaf, steamed green beans with toasted almonds and pie).  I also got him a massage, since I know he needs one after all the hard days he has had at work lately.  Monday was a rough day at work, so I came home, worked on a final, and had some wine.  I had a dozen roses waiting for me when I got home, and it definitely made my day.  Love him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!