Thursday, February 24, 2011

Restaurant Week 2011 Part 2

I don't think I could only go to 1 place for Restaurant week, so my bf and I went to Japonais last night.  He had never been there, and one of our favorite things to do is get sushi together.  Usually the BYOB place a few blocks from my house.

I had been to Japonais before, and wanted to try their special menu this week.  I ordered "The Rock" for both of us.  One of the best appetizers I have ever had.  I also ordered some rolls for him, and the crab, sashimi, cake for me. ($33 menu)  Oh my was it all amazing!  I hate sashimi.  Something about the tiny piece of chewy fish on rice, no thanks.  Last nights meal changed my view on that!  The sashimi I ordered is called the Tuna Tuna Salmon.  Highly recommend it!

My oldest brother moved from Japan back to the US almost a year ago.  I can't wait to take him to Japonais, I know he will love it!

2 comments:

  1. ok the picture in your header is beyond amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It isn't mine, got it from the website listed at the bottom of the blog. Love it, it is everything I love about the city!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!