Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 3 and 4..

Day 3

I got up very early to go run, and then go into work to check in.  I was greeted by a former Iwo Jima Sailor and a former Porter Sailor, both who work at my school now.  It was nice to see some familiar faces.  I then rushed home to change, and go to Providence to pick up Mike from the airport.  It was so good to see him!  It had been 2 months, which seemed like forever.  We drove back to Newport, and walked around the area.  We walked all up and down Thames Street, and had some drinks and lunch at O'Briens.  I would go there again for drinks, because they do have an amazing bar.  The food wasn't the best, but I would go back in the spring just to enjoy their outdoor patio.  We continued to explore Thames Street, and headed back to my place.  We relaxed for a bit, and then changed to head out to Buskers to Bear Down and watch the Bears game. 


Thames Street

Bearing Down, Newport Style!

Day 4

Moving day.  We woke up early, I made us breakfast, and we waited for the movers to come.  We met them at my storage unit, and had them move about 10 boxes into my house.  I must have my winter coats and sweaters!  After the fastest Navy moving experience to date, I made a nice lunch.  Then we unpacked some boxes and relaxed a bit.  We decided tonight would be perfect for a date night..so I suggested a romantic sunset walk and dinner.  I am glad he went along with my plan!  We walked along the pier, sat in the park on a bench, and watched the waves and the sunset.  It was nice to just relax.  The sunset was blocked by some ominous clouds, so we left a bit early and went to Celtica for a drink before our dinner reservation.  We had dinner at Rhumbline.  It is a nice little house on Bridge Street.  We had an amazing dinner here.  Mike had the Veal Osso Bucco, and I had Pork Tenderloin.  This has to have been the best meal I have had in months.  So amazing!  I can't wait to have another date night here!

Walk on the pier..

Sun setting over Goat Island
More fun to be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!