Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pot Roast

I am in Rhode Island.  It got cold this weekend, and almost snowed, so I figured it was perfect for a crock pot recipe! 
I went out to buy a crock pot..and then looked for recipes online.  I kind of combined a few into one..and it turned out beautifully!

Pot Roast
Level: Easy
Time: Prep 15 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours

Ingredients: 1 pot roast (3-5 lbs)
                   sun dried tomatoes in oil (I used some bruscetta) (about 3 tablespoons)
                   whole mushrooms (entire container)
                   light Italian dressing (about half a bottle)

That is it.  I browned the pot roast meat on both sides, and placed it in the crock pot.  I covered it with some sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, and dressing.  I cooked the roast for about 6 hours.  It was amazing!  Very tender and tasty.

I paired the pot roast with mashed potatoes, steamed veggies with cheese, red wine, and apple pie for dessert.  Perfect for a cold, windy Newport, RI day.  And for catching up with friends!  I swear this recipe will not disappoint!  I would have included a photo, but it disappeared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!