Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mexican Salad




Mexican Salad

Level: Easy
Time: 5-10 minutes
Serves: 4 people

Ingredients: Salad greens of your choice
                  1 small can of corn
                  1 can of black beans
                  1 can of garbanzo beans
                  a few tablespoons of chipotle ranch dressing
                  tortilla strips to garnish (I used Fresh Gourmet Tri Color Tortilla Strips)

I rinsed the 3 cans of corn, black beans, and garbanzo beans, and mixed them together.  I added them to the greens.  I mixed in the salad dressing and tortilla strips to garnish. 

This salad comes in around 300 total calories, and is protein heavy with the black beans and garbanzo beans.  You can add grilled chicken strips for a more hearty salad.  I paired this with a Smart Ones quesadilla to make a 500 calorie dinner.  Definitely love this.  So simple and tasty!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!